Ensuring that every student can thrive in the regional STEM economy
Our work revolves around four pillars of STEM education:
2 days ago
Wayne County Parks Poster Contest-Free field trip possible
Wayne County will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Wayne County Parks System (Parks). As part of the celebration, Parks is holding a Poster Contest.
The winning poster receives a field trip for the class, transportation included, to the improved, remodeled Nankin Mills Interpretative Center. The field trip will be for the winning students 2019-20 class.
Theme: 100th year anniversary of Wayne County Parks
1. Entry must be an original artwork of the student submitting it. Computer generation or collages WILL NOT be accepted. Poster may be done in crayon, marker, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, tempura paint, or any combination of these.
2. Entry must be on paper from 8.5" x 11" to 14" x 18" in size.
3. The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way.
4. The theme must be on the poster and spelled correctly.
5. Teachers/Parents please make sure the student name, grade, and school name are on the back of the poster.
6. Entries must be mailed flat. Do not fold, roll, matte, mount, laminate, or frame your poster.
7. Posters WILL NOT be automatically returned. If you would like the poster back, please let me know.
8. Due date is June 17, 2019.
9. The winning student’s teacher will be notified after the school year ends. Please provide contact info that is monitored on a regular basis if it is different than the info this was sent to.
10. Mail the poster to:
Wayne County DPS
3600 Commerce Court
Wayne, MI 48184 ... See MoreSee Less
Wayne RESA - Science shared a post.
2 days ago
We just visited their program today... it's worth checking outIf you're looking to pickup a skilled trade that will lead you to a rewarding career, please consider Masonry Restoration training here at Detroit Training Center.
June 24th we're starting our daytime Masonry Restoration Training Program. This class will take place Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm and span the duration of 6 weeks. This hands-on training program will provide students with the skills necessary to work in the masonry restoration industry and take on major restoration projects in Detroit!
In order to take part in this program you must attend an orientation. Orientations are held every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 10:00AM. If those don't work for you don't worry. You can come in on Wednesdays at 5:30PM. Call us at (313)221-5876 for more info. ... See MoreSee Less